The Ball Street Journal

The Student News Site of Ball High School

The Ball Street Journal

The Ball Street Journal

Softball Hosts Tournament; Wins Four Games!

On Feb. 16th, Ball High School hosted a softball tournament that saw teams from as far away as Longview Texas traveling to play the Lady Tors. Even through the harsh cold, wet, and windy conditions, the Lady Tors fought hard and long against each team they played.

Sadly, no team won first place as there was a set number of games in the tournament. The teams that played over the three days included Spring Hill, Clear Falls, Dayton, South Hills, Fort Bend Austin, and George Ranch High School. All games were timed at an hour and a half per game and were played on Galveston ISD softball fields.

Although the Lady Tors did not place in the end, they ended up winning four out of six games played over the course of the three days. The team is using this loss as motivation to learn and work even harder at their next tournament on February 22nd.

The Lady Tors opened district play Tuesday Feb. 27 against the Friendswood Mustangs and they got stampeded, 8-0. The Lady Tors resume district play Friday against the Goose Creek Memorial Ganders.