The Ball Street Journal

The Student News Site of Ball High School

The Ball Street Journal

The Ball Street Journal

Schools Up
School's Up
May 15, 2024

The End of the Lady Tors Volleyball Season 23-24

Ball High Vs. Angleton & Goodbye Seniors!

That’s a wrap! The Lady Tors Volleyball Season has come to an end. Even though the Lady Tors didn’t make the playoffs this year, they still had a good season. The Lady Tors ended their season with a strong finish against Angleton, winning all three sets (25-17, 26-24, 25-18).

Some key players tonight were Kate Lindamood, Makayla Green, Sterling Lindamood, Charli Dean, Torri Petteway, Madison Gaido, and Chloe Stein. The Lindamood sisters were on a roll tonight! Kate Lindamood scored seven kills and 10 digs, and Sterling Lindamood scored five kills on Angleton. Makayla Green scored six kills, following with Charli Dean five kills.

Leading offense tonight was Torri Petteway with her four kills and a whopping six blocks against Angleton, she was a beast on the net tonight, and a big help for the team! Our Lady Tor Setters, Madison Gaido and Chloe Stein played an amazing game tonight. Madison Gaido with her 14 assists and 10 digs, and Chloe Stien 12 assists and seven aces help get the win for the Lady Tors. Go Lady Tors!

The Lady Tors experienced a remarkable season and we’ll be saying bye to some great seniors. Chloe Stein, Charli Dean, Maria Flores, Kate Lindamood, Makayla Green, and Torri Petteway are six amazing Lady Tors that we’ll be graduating in the Spring.

Coach Norfolk said that she has “Some great senior leadership this season- and are the core of our team”. All six of the seniors have been a part of the Lady Tor Volleyball program for all four years of them being a Tornado.

Chloe Stein, Charli Dean, Maria Flores, Kate Lindamood, Makayla Green, and Torri Petteway all have left a great impact and will be missed. We wish you luck for what’s to come and hope that you have a great rest of your senior year. Good Luck and Congratulations to the Class of 2024 Lady Tor Volleyball Seniors!