The Ball Street Journal

The Student News Site of Ball High School

The Ball Street Journal

The Ball Street Journal

Schools Up
School's Up
May 15, 2024

The Fourth Times a Charm

Former President Trump’s been indicted for the fourth time, and he has a mugshot to prove it!

Former President Donald Trump received a fourth indictment, and the Fulton County jail released his mugshot to the public for the first time since his arrest. The grand jury in Fulton County, Georgia indicted former President Donald Trump and 18 officials of his administration on charges of conspiring to alter the 2020 election and retain power. Why is it that although though Donald Trump has been charged with more than 50 felonies and is currently facing an indictment for the fourth time, this is the first time a mugshot has been taken?

No president has been indicted before in the history of the United States. Trump, a former president, is not an angel. There are 34 felony charges against Donald Trump in New York, 40 felony counts in Florida, four felony counts in Washington, D.C., and 13 felony counts against him in Georgia. Some of the accusations relate with retaining confidential data and paying hush money to a porn star, but the majority of counts concern with the 2020 election and overthrowing the election.

So far, only one mugshot has been taken of him throughout all the counts and charges. Atlanta’s District Attorney Fanni Willis doesn’t play games, unlike in the past when he received preferential treatment because he is Donald Trump or has bought them off. He has never taken a mug shot before, but since Atlanta follows the rules and upholds the principle of equality for everybody, we now have a photo for the ages, Trump’s mugshot.

The expression “You do the crime; you do the time” is a good example. But the reaction to Donald Trump’s arrest photograph was unexpected. Talk about manna from heaven, more than $7 million has been contributed to the Donald Trump campaign to purchase T-shirts and coffee mugs with the former president’s mugshot.

Trump’s campaign raised $4.18 million in one day, then as much as $7.1 million the following day. A president being indicted will leave its impact on American history, but a mugshot demonstrating this will leave its stamp on the memories of millions of people today and the remainder of American history. Marty Kaplan, a professor at the University of Southern California Annenberg School of Communications, declared that it “will forever be part of the iconography of being alive in this time.

“No Smile? People are shocked by the former president’s photo, but once they see it, they will all remember the expression he made. Someone once said, “Strike a pose that screams ‘I am powerful and unstoppable.'” Perhaps Donald Trump was thinking that when he took this mug shot.

Some of his other 18 colleagues can be seen grinning as they pose for their mug photographs, while Donald Trump can be seen gazing intently into the camera. He’s sporting his trademark ensemble of a suit and tie that stands for America. He stares at the camera as if he’s coming for someone. Donald Trump’s response to his indictment on his tweet on Twitter account is a picture of his mugshot with bold letters saying “MUGSHOT- AUGUST 24,2023… ELECTION INTERFERENCE.. NEVER SURRENDER! DONALDTRUMP.COM”. So, I guess a mugshot, two multiple indictments, charges, and counts can’t stop anyone from becoming president.

Apparently, the Trump supporters buying the T-shirts and coffee mugs with the phrase, “Never Surrender” didn’t catch the irony of a potential felon surrendering for the fourth time proclaiming, “Never Surrender!”

Go America!