The Ball Street Journal

The Student News Site of Ball High School

The Ball Street Journal

The Ball Street Journal

Schools Up
School's Up
May 15, 2024

Who Earns More Money, Men or Women?

Research shows that women make “full-time, year-round workers in 2019, women’s median annual earnings were 82% those of men” the gender pay gap has not changed yet and because of that women must work longer hours depending on the job that they have to earn more money so that they are able to keep a stable living. “Compared to a man women earn 17% less money than men so every dollar they earn we get only 82 cents “yes men do work more hours than women but if we could work the same hours, they do we still would not get the same about of money.

Different races of women make all different amounts of money, but it still is way less than a man. I think that we should all make the same amount of money but because women have more responsibilities that is causing us to work less hours than a man. There are more single mothers than single fathers in the world, they make up 20% of single parents but there are 15.62 million single women in each household and without a spouse. I think that because more of the population are single mothers with or without a choice of being alone that causes us to work less and make less money.