The Ball Street Journal

The Student News Site of Ball High School

The Ball Street Journal

The Ball Street Journal

Schools Up
School's Up
May 15, 2024

Volleyball! A Close One Lady Tors Vs. Lady Indians

Our Lady Tors played a tough game against the Lady Indians on Tuesday Night (September

12th). The Lady Tors played a hard 5 set game tonight. Losing the first set (23-25), winning the second set (25-23) and third set (25-18), but losing the fourth set (16-25) and fifth set (13-15).

Even though the Lady Tors lost tonight, they played hard and proud. Coach Norfolk said, “If anything, this loss tonight – and it going as close as it could possibly go – is going to make them hungry to fight back and make their mark on these other games and play the way that they should play.”

“Charli Dean, Kate Lindamood, Braelynn Andrisek, Chloe Stein, and Maria Flores were our key players tonight. Charli Dean waving 12 kills on Santa Fe, Kate Lindamood killing eight balls and blocking four. Braelynn Andrisek had eight kills and three blocks, Chloe Stein assisted 23 times, and Maria Flores 31 digs helped keep the Lady Tors going.

“We only just started district play a couple of weeks ago but have had a very successful season so far. We definitely have what it takes to make it to playoffs this year, we just have to be able to execute on game day,” said Head Coach Michelle Norfolk.

‘I have some great senior leadership this season – Kate Lindamood, Charli Dean, Maria Flores, Chloe Stein, Makayla Green and Torri Petteway have all been a part of this program for all 4 years and are the core of our team. Madison Gaido is a very talented freshman who jumped up onto Varsity right away as a setter, so I’m excited to have three more years with her on the court.  Additionally, I have some really talented juniors, so we’re looking forward to being a competitive team even after this season is over.”

Currently the Lady Tors are 20-10, in 4th place in district.