The Ball Street Journal

The Student News Site of Ball High School

The Ball Street Journal

The Ball Street Journal

Boy’s Golf Hits the Links

Two Tors Score Personal Bests

The Ball High boys’ varsity golf team competed in the Pearland Boys Varsity Winter Classic at Golfcrest CC today in Pearland. The Tors came in 14th place by shooting a team score of 410. This brings the Tors season record to 45-29.

Aeden Jones led the Tors by shooting an 87 (personal best), which tied for 28th place out of 89 players. The rest of the Tors were Dylan Rowe (102-65th). Price Burnette (108-T72nd) (personal best), Juan Santos (113-T79th) and Ryder Addison (121-84th).

Clear Creek and Strake Jesuit tied for 1st place with a team score of 319. Ethan Esquivel of Pasadena Memorial won the individual title with a score of 69.

The Ball High boys JV team came in 8th place Wednesday, February 7, at the Texas City Boys Winter Classic in Texas City at Bayou Golf Club by shooting a team score of 442.

Logan Ashcraft led the Tors by shooting a score of 100, which tied for 14th place out of a total of 35 players. The rest of the Tors were Patrick Koza(106-T22st), JD Farmer(120-T27th), Travis MacLauchlan(126-T34th) and Damian Cuenca(126-T34th).

Santa Fe won the team title with a score of 360 and Grant Enderbrook of Logos Prep Academy won the individual title with a score of 78.