The Ball Street Journal

The Student News Site of Ball High School

The Ball Street Journal

The Ball Street Journal

No Traitors in the White House

No Traitors in the White House

Donald Trump, 45th president, businessman, and crook, is having another run on the presidency for the 2024 ballot. Trump was never a politician but had made pr stunts about running for presidency back in the 90s before he actually ran. The first time that he stepped into the crashing waves of politics was in 2015 to prepare for the 2016 election. 

Trump’s history is painted red and blue, as in bruises, he has criminal history ranging from 34 felony counts in New York, 40 felony counts in Florida, four counts in Washington, and 13 in Georgia. A man with this many accountions should not be allowed to run the country.

Along with the charges he had a habit of abusing his power from abusing the bully pulpit to “spread lies, conspiracies, and attacking opponents” to politicizing the justice department, the one department that does not need to be involved in politics, they must stay neutral (Cohen). 

A man with this much power should not be allowed back into office, because once he abuses power he won’t stop. While he was in office, in 2016, he made unethical decisions that affected the way people lived. January 2017 he signed an executive order that discriminated against Muslims and their refugees (LCCHR). In June of 2018, the White House issued a Statement of Administration Policy, supporting the Border Security and Immigration Reform Act, which the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights opposed at the time (LCCHR). In October, 2019, Trump signed a proclamation to deny visas to legal immigrants who are “unable to prove they will have health care coverage or the ability to pay it within 30 days of their arrival to the United States” (LCCHR). All of these are just a few examples of why Donald Trump should not be on the ballot. He dehumanizes people and is proud of it. 

A lot of states disagree with the idea of Donald Trump being on the ballot and they have made it known. Colorado and Maine have taken him off of their ballot. If Colorado can do this then what does it mean for other states? The Supreme Court will ultimately decide this vexing question: Can a man who refused to accept the peaceful transfer of power and incited an insurrection become president?