The Ball Street Journal

The Student News Site of Ball High School

The Ball Street Journal

The Ball Street Journal

Boy’s Golf Hits the Links

Two Tors Score Personal Bests

The Ball High boys’ varsity golf team competed in the Pearland Boys Varsity Winter Classic at Golfcrest CC in Pearland. The Tors came in 14th place by shooting a team score of 410. This brings the Tors season record to 45-29. Aeden Jones led the Tors by shooting an 87 (personal best), which tied for 28th place out of 89 players. The rest of the Tors were Dylan Rowe (102-65th). Price Burnette (108-T72nd) (personal best), Juan Santos (113-T79th) and Ryder Addison (121-84th). Clear Creek and Strake Jesuit tied for 1st place with a team score of 319. Ethan Esquivel of Pasadena Memorial won the individual title with a score of 69.

The Ball High boys golf team competed in the Dawson Boys Scramble Classic at Clear Creek Golf Course today. The Tors tied for 17th with a score of 72. The Tors were represented by Logan Ashcraft, Price Burnette, Ryder Addison, JD Farmer and Patrick Koza. Elkins won the event with a 58 followed by Crosby at 59 and Pearland at 60.

The boys and girls golf team competed in their own Galveston Ball Valentine’s Day Scramble at Moody Gardens GC today in the cold and wind. This was a two-person scramble.

Sara Jolin/ Dylan Rowe and Anna Hoffman/Aeden Jones led the Lady Tors/Tors by shooting a 43, which tied for 12th place out of a total of 35 teams (70 total players). The rest of the Lady Tors/Tors were Mackenzie Mielsch/Juan Santos (44-T18th), Addison Rozier/Logan Ashcraft (44-T18th), Kayleigh Lorefice/Price Burnette (45-T22nd), Brooklyn Parker/Patrick Koza (45-T22nd), Jolee Kershaw/Ryder Addison (49-T29th) and Avery Walker/JD Farmer (49-T29th).

Adrianna Rodriguez/Kyle Rodriguez of Clear Falls won the event with a 35. Aashi Kasotia/Andrew Porter of FB Austin came in 2nd Place with a 36. Emma Iles/Jett Jennings of Texas City came in 3rd place with a 37.