The Ball Street Journal

The Student News Site of Ball High School

The Ball Street Journal

The Ball Street Journal

SpaceX Launching into 2024

On Monday, December 11th, 2024, SpaceX scheduled the launch of the SpaceX Falcon Heavy Rocket from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. It carried the X-37B plane for its seventh secretive mission. Not many details have been revealed about this mission and space plane via U.S Space Force about what it will be doing while in orbit. Through various previous missions, it was determined they did experimental missions. 

30 minutes after scheduled takeoff, the mission was cancelled due to technical difficulties. The ship was launched on Thursday, December 28th, 2023. In the missions, it was said that the ship carried out research experiments, including “relaying solar energy from space for use back on and studying the effects of radiation on seeds used to grow food” according to cnn.com. 

This only contributes to the war over having space control. With more rockets and missions circling the atmosphere, it will continue to anger the opposing side. China has built a “space architecture that enables its military to execute long-range precision strikes” according to John F. Plumb.  

“China ultimately seeks to challenge our ability to conduct joint operations in the Indo-Pacific,” Plumb said.  

Russia is trying to be included in the control over space, which only degrades the U.S services for space.