The Ball Street Journal

The Student News Site of Ball High School

The Ball Street Journal

The Ball Street Journal

The Consequences of Vaping

Carpenter, Thomas

I want to tell you all what vaping can do to you if you continue to vape over a long period of time. I know you might think “Oh, she doesn’t get it,” but I can assure you I do because I grew up with three brothers who vaped, and I want to dedicate this article to my brothers Joseph, Hondo and Jason.

Now I’m going to tell you all about what vaping does to your body and mind. When you vape, you inhale toxic metals like nickel, lead, chromium, tin and aluminum as well as acrolein, an herbicide primarily used to kill weeds.

Don’t take my word for it. Here’s what the Canadian Lung Organization had to say about vaping.

“The liquid (sometimes referred to as e-juice) in a vape product contains a combination of ingredients, usually including nicotine (the highly addictive drug found in tobacco products), propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin and flavoring. Many of these substances are considered safe for ingestion (eating); however, when these liquids are heated, they create new chemicals that may not be safe to inhale. For example, the heating process can create chemicals like formaldehyde and other contaminants such as nickel, tin and aluminum.

Vaping can also give you liver and brain damage. If you vape and you experience coughing, wheezing, nausea, vomiting, headaches and dizziness please go to a doctor because the longer you wait the worse it will be for your lungs and your body.

View Comments (1)
    Donate to The Ball Street Journal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Ball High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.